Jacobson and Associates, LTD

About us

Contact us

Referral page


E file Issues


Status of Refunds

Office Issues



Helpful Links

Customer Portal



The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) section is designed to assist you with issues that occur throughout the tax season. Simply click a topic on the left sidebar. If you are unable to find the answer to your question, please do not hesitate to call our office at 952.929.7990.


Do I need to sign anything to e-file my individual income tax return?
Yes, you will need to sign an authorization form before we are able to electronically file (e-file) your return. We will include the required e-file authorization forms in your completed tax packet.

As soon as you receive your completed tax packet in the mail, please review your return and sign the e-file authorization form.

How can I return the signed e-file authorization form to your office?
You may:

Bring it to our office

Mail it to us at :
Jacobson & Young

6600 France Avenue So. #204

Edina, MN 55435

Fax it to us at:

Send it as an e-mail attachment to:
Dianne Thomas

Do both the taxpayer and spouse need to sign the e-file authorization form on a married filing joint return?
Yes, the IRS requires that both of you sign the authorization form.

Should I sign the form even if I have questions about my return?
No. When you sign the e-file authorization form, you are authorizing us to electronically file your tax return as is. If you have questions about your return, first contact our office. We will answer your questions and if necessary, send you a corrected e-file authorization form, if necessary.

Do I need to return the original e-file authorization form, or may I send a copy?
You may send a copy.

What do you do with the authorization form? Is it mailed to the IRS?
The form is not mailed to the IRS. We are required to hold these authorization forms in our office for a minimum of three years.

Do I need to send a new e-file authorization form each year?

If I owe with my tax return, when should I return the e-file authorization form?

As soon as possible. We can file the return prior to the due date. In fact, we do this in almost all cases. You then send your balance due payment any time up to the due date.

Phone: 952.929.7990 - Fax: 952.929.5031 - 6600 France Ave S #204, Edina, MN 55435