E file Issues
Status of Refunds
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) section is designed to assist you with issues that occur throughout the tax season. Simply click a topic on the left sidebar. If you are unable to find the answer to your question, please do not hesitate to call our office at 952.929.7990.
I have not received my refund yet. How can I find out the status of my refund?
- Check to be sure you have returned the signed e-file authorization form to our office. If you have not yet returned the form, please do so as soon as possible.
- Review the filing instructions included in your tax packet to verify the account used for direct deposit of your refund. Check the bank account carefully for any refund activity from the IRS or the state. Banks do not notify you when a deposit has been made to your account.
- Both the IRS and State of Minnesota have web sites to help you determine the status of your tax return and refunds. To check refund status, you will need your social security number and the adjusted gross income shown on your tax return.
For the status of your federal refund: click here
For the status of your Minnesota refund (Income or Property): click here
- If the IRS or Minnesota Revenue has no record of your return, contact our office immediately.
- Other states - most states have areas on their respective state websites that allow taxpayers to check on their refunds.
- Please note: Once we receive an acceptance confirmation for your tax return, we are not notified of any further actions regarding your refund. It is important that you review your filing instructions and bank account activity before we can assist you further.